Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The lasting impression Part 3: Bangalored

This is one of the posts in my "Lasting Impressions" series where i write some unusual things that happen to me or which i notice in everyday life and unknowingly happen to make lasting impressions on my mind.

When i had come to bangalore i always used to say as the city grows bigger humanity become rare.
This is one of the unexpected events that happened to me that changed my perception.
I had gone to BigBazar Jayanagar on bike after coming from office to buy some household goods.
The next day morning i was amazed to see that the wallet in my jacket was missing.
Ohh god! so many things missing! my driving licence , PAN Card, 2 ATM cards and some amount.
Making new driving licence and PAN would have been a big problem.
ATM cards anyway i blocked temporarily, instead of blocking permanently. I do not know
whether it was careless-ness from my side or the pocket of my pant was loose.
There were only 2 options either the wallet was stolen or it had fallen off. In either case the chances of
getting the lost wallet were almost nil. I went to office but could not concentrate and came back home to
search for it once again. Suddenly the bell rang, a guy was holding some licence and called my name.
I was stunned, he looked at my photo in licence and then took out a plastic cover from his bag. My wallet,
cards and money everything intact. I had least expected that people will come searching for me to return
my wallet that had fallen on the main road. The worst thing was they got my address from the bike insurance
that i had in the wallet and the address on it was misprinted as 28th main intsead of 29th main. They found
my home inspite of the wrong address. Even i would have said f**off in such case and left, but they dint give up. Hats off to such rare breed which still exists today, and leave a lasting impression on immature minds like mine.

4 comments:

Mr MJ said...

true... when you said "even i would've said fk off and left.."

Nobody bothers these days... world is so selfish... the sad thing is you can blame anyone for that...

Mr MJ said...

I meant, you cant blame anyone for that....

R Netalkar said...

Bro i realy appreciate the blogs written by you (could be Following footsteps of Sudha Murthy) but it so bad to hear that u didnt inform your best frinds abt ur engagement.

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks